At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: The Medical Application Developer will contribute to the development of new NLP (Natural Language Processing)-based applications and support their rollout in the market. The Developer will do this through CLU-pipeline improvements and CLU-engine tuning for Computer Assisted Clinical Documentation. This person will report to the Manager Software Development for CLU applications.
• Assistance and support in the development of clinical NLP applications, analyzing medical reports, handling of (medical) databases.
• Analysis and implementation of XML rules based on medical coding standards, allowing the analysis of free text residing in medical documents.
• Actively participate as a scrum team member in all phases of the scrum process
• Troubleshoot application defects.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
• Effectively work with multiple stakeholders and teams located in different geographical locations.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3-5
• By preference 3-5 years of professional experience in life sciences or medical domain.
• Literate in common IT software: MS-Office Applications, e-mail, Internet.
• Comfortable being part of a team, especially a geographically dispersed team.
• Excellent English communication skills (written, oral, listening).
• Demonstrated skills in patience, accuracy and persistence.
• Passion and enthusiasm
• Programming experience isn’t required but an asset.
• Motivated to be a self-starter and individual performer effectively contributing to overall team productivity and collaboration.
Education: Master or PhD in life sciences or medical domain.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.