At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Summary: Core responsibilities of this role will encompass processing of accounting transactions. This will include but will not be limited to the timely preparation of monthly journal entries and preparation and reconciliation of accounts to ensure that the Nuance Global reporting timetable is met. Additional responsibilities may include, amongst other treasury duties/fiscal and compliance support/account analysis. Critical success factors of this role include teamwork, flexibility and a strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment
•Prepare and post GL monthly journal entries with detailed supporting documentation to provide a clear audit trail
•Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and analyzed, to a high standard on a monthly basis and in accordance with the Global reporting timetable
•Review of assigned accounts and preparation of detailed FLUX analysis, including where appropriate researching, documenting and resolving variances.
•Manage the timely review and resolution of uncleared account items and work collaboratively across the wider Finance team for resolution
•Manage completion the closing checklist for assigned accounts
•Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities,
•Preparation of quality reconciliations/schedules/analysis
•Seek ongoing process improvement, making recommendations and suggestions, helping to implement as appropriate
•Delivering on ad hoc projects/tasks
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5
• Strong accounting skills; core principles and concepts
• Knowledge and expertise in Oracle desirable
• Strong Microsoft office skills (EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint).
• Experience of working for a US or International multinational
• Proven ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
• Proactive approach to solving problems
• Ability to work flexibly in a dynamic environment with multiple and changing priorities while establishing and meeting deadlines in a fast-moving, high-growth environment
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English, a second language an advantage
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, hard working.
• Delights in delivering excellent customer experience
Education: Professionally qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.