At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Mobile team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
The selected candidate will work with other team members in the development and QA teams to define & implement features and to maintain the existing platform. This position requires strong Java development abilities, industry experience in data center architecture & deployment and a fair amount of software/system troubleshooting. We need someone with good coding standards and abilities to write solid unit tests. Most importantly we want someone that is eager, a quick learner and willing to expend his/her level of expertise and not afraid to jump in get dirty and take on new challenges!
Principal duties and responsibilities:
We are looking for a strong and motivated software engineer. Your main responsibilities will be, however will not be limited to:
- Design, document, implement and unit test of the voicemail to text application;
- Ensure product meet all relevant specifications and Nuance quality standards;
- Support internal customers such as quality assurance, professional services and hosted operations staff;
- Work in an Agile environment.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: Bachelors in Technology or Computer Engineering
Minimum years of work experience: 5 years
Required skills: - Experience developing, releasing, and supporting C#/.NET applications
- Good experience in WPF.
- Strong C#/.NET programming skills
- Knowledge of most common design patterns
- Experience in multi-threaded environment
- Strong software/system troubleshooting and problem-solving capability
- Hands on experience in general computer/server support and maintenance
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a highly motivated engineering team
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is a must
Preferred skills: Familiarity with Eclipse, SVN, Jenkins, Crucible, Fisheye and Jira
- Experience with HTTP servers (Jetty) and REST (Jersey)
- Experience working with remote team members
- Experience working in an Agile delivery cycle (Scrum)
- Speech recognition industry experience
- Experience with Nuance products
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.