At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
At Nuance Automotive, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we’re busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we’re also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities – autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more – that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
As a Senior Software Tester in V2T platform services team, you will be responsible for ongoing software testing of Nuance’s Voicemail to Text Conversion platform and will work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules. You will work closely with a talented pool of developers, testers, speech/linguistic researchers, professional services and other cross-functional team members to continue improving our voice recognition platform and be part of several critical innovations like enabling support for public cloud deployments, adding containerization and auto-scaling capabilities etc. You will play an integral role in ensuring high quality of service by actively contributing to our QA functions which include developing test plans, test strategies, automated test suites and executing such tests, build and maintain Continuous Integration/Delivery pipelines and provide on-call support for production issues.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Actively test, develop & enhance script scripts and maintain Java based Fitnesse test framework and Perl based PTF framework
• Actively develop unit, feature, load/stress tests in an Agile delivery environment.
• Integrate new tests and software with code analysis/review tools and CI build environments.
• Actively test software developed within the team using both manual and automated testing tools.
• Review code/design/architecture to ensure the platform is highly available, fault tolerant, easily maintainable and extensible.
• Participate and contribute extensively to requirements analysis, design, QA test plan development, defect review, QA results analysis, sprint review, project planning sessions.
• Work closely with Professional services and Sales teams to provide support to launching/sustaining key customer relationships.
• Mentor junior members within the team.
• Help build our next generation development environments using the latest technical improvements in the field of Cloud Computing, Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), SCM tools like Puppet, Helm etc., SQL/NoSQL databases like MySQL, CouchDB.
• Participate in technical troubleshooting sessions and provide technical assistance to infrastructure, networking, security and monitoring teams to build highly available and evolvable distributed platforms.
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: Bachelors in Technology or Computer Engineering
Minimum years of work experience: 5 years
Required skills: -
- Strong hands on experience in building and maintaining automated test frameworks using Java and Perl
- Hands on experience with Linux (CentOS), Java, Perl, Fitnesse (BDD), JMeter, Load/Integration testing/Security testing/Server-side testing
- Knowledge of various cloud providers/services like Azure.
- Hands on experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban development, Jenkins, JIRA/Crucible, SVN, Docker, APIs, Networking
- Strong software/system troubleshooting and problem-solving capability
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a highly motivated engineering team
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is a must
- Familiarity with Eclipse, SVN, Jenkins, Crucible, Fisheye and Jira
- Python, Linux, Azure, Docker, MySQL, CouchDB, SVN, Fitnesse, Testlink
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.