At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
As a member of the Technical Support team, you will be supporting Nuance’s "Enterprise - Network Speech SDK" suite of products. These include our Speech Recognition engines, Text-To-Speech (TTS) engines, IVR Voice Platforms, VoiceBiometrics platforms and application development tools.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
You will interact with Nuance customers and partners worldwide to provide up to Tier-3 support (characterize, troubleshoot, reproduce and resolve the issue) to technical problems they encounter during their development phase and with their deployed production systems. This includes understanding and working through problem isolation to determine whether an issue is within Nuance functionality versus external enterprise solution components. You will be collaborating with internal Nuance engineering teams and supporting top IVR partners, system integrators and Fortune 500 customers deploying mission critical systems. You must have the desire to interact with customers and make customers successful. You must be technical, flexible and a quick learner. You will need to take part in 24x7 on-call support rotations and working in different shifts.
Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: MS or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related Technical Degree
Minimum years of work experience: 3 to 5 years' experience in Tier-3 customer care support delivery against complex Enterprise software solution deployments.
- Experience with supporting deployments in multi-server environments including installation, integration and troubleshooting (characterize, reproduce and resolve).
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux environments.
- Familiarity with virtualization environments (like VMWare), system performance monitor tools (like Windows perfmon) and network tracing tools (like Wireshark/TCPdump).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written/verbal English communication skills.
- Ability to deal with sudden critical situations/escalations
- Capable of quickly adjusting priorities and adapting to emerging support needs while maintaining productivity with ease.
- Quick learner, self-motivated, autonomous, proactive, intellectually curious and strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-To-Speech and IVR systems.
- Knowledge of MRCP, VXML, C/C++.
- Knowledge of scripting tools (e.g. Perl).
- Familiarity with SQL, databases and database performance tuning practices.
- Familiarity with IIS, webservices, and .Net applications.
- Verbal and/or written proficiency in a major non-English language.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.