At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Position summary – Summary of major duties and general reporting structure in 2-3 sentences
Are you a whiz with frontend web application development? Do you have a keen interest in making AI technologies accessible to builders? Are you passionate about delivering stellar user interfaces and experiences?
Nuance’s software engineers develop next-generation technologies that empower enterprises to deliver exceptional conversational AI solutions. Our products offer designers, developers and business analysts access to customize AI technologies such as speech recognition, natural language understanding and conversational dialog.
As a member of the core technology platform tools team you will be involved in all technical aspects of product delivery – you will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions. You will work on a specific project critical to Nuance’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-pasted business grow and evolve.
Principal duties and responsibilities – List of 6-12 essential responsibilities/duties of the position (limit it to this number)
- Build next-generation web based tooling for conversational AI solutions with a focus on the client side
- Collaborate closely with the design team to realize exceptional end user experiences
- Collaborate with design/backend teams in order to deliver optimized UI/UX
- Continually improve our processes by volunteering new approaches to: developer productivity, product quality, and team efficiency
- Mentor other developers and foster a collaborative environment of shared growth & learning
Knowledge, skills and qualifications – Include both minimum and preferred qualifications (minimum education and experience requirements should be consistent by level across the organization – consult the level chart here).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Minimum years of work experience: 3+
• Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
• Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
• Experience with modern browser technologies
• Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
• Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy
• Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
• Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
• Experience with React.js, GraphQL
• Experience with WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
• Experience designing web sites or applications
• Proficient in Linux, Docker and related tools
• Experience with automation and unit testing frontend frameworks and applications
• Familiarity with cloud native technologies (gRPC, Docker, Helm, Kubernetes)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.