At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: As the mirror Service Operations Centre Manager, you are accountable for all the actions of the local SOC, providing management and leadership to the Team. You are responsible for creating and maintaining internal processes and procedures to be followed in service operations, including the escalation of reported issues. The SOC Manager’s overall responsibility is ensuring quality and performance of the Service Operations Centre service levels.
• Manages and oversees the day to day running and requirements of the local Service Operations Centre.
• Strong liaison with UK counterpart to ensure a seamless customer experience, continuous operations of mission critical production systems.
• Responsible for managing a team of 7 Incident Managers and Engineers
• Ensure all issues follow necessary escalation path and are resolved quickly.
• Incident and Major Incident management (including process ownership). Driving rapid service restoration and facilitating timely and accurate internal and external incident communication.
• Establish and maintain a working knowledge of the division’s applications, systems and infrastructure.
• Manage and assign tasks and workload related to on-going support tickets and projects.
• People Management, coaching, performance management and development – driving the growth of the SOC staff so that necessary standards are met and maintained.
• Analyse workload efficiency of staff to redesign work flows and recommend required staffing levels to management.
• Aid in the production of team KPIs and monthly reports. Preparing performance reports and communicating to staff and other management teams in Monthly Service Performance Reviews.
• Working in participation with Change Management on maintenance schedules and maintenance bridges
• Working in participation with Problem Management identifying repeat incidents and addressing root causes.
• Working with and across multiple teams to drive improvements in pro-active alerting and monitoring.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5
• ITIL V3 Foundation and an excellent knowledge of Service Management (Incident, Event, Problem, and Change Management).
• Experience of working in virtual/global teams.
• Working knowledge of operational support escalation – Incident and Major Incident Management.
• Managing a team in an operational environment - management and supervisory skills required, plus the ability to plan and prepare.
• Experience designing work flows, processes and procedures around mixed skill sets.
• Self-motivated, highly proactive with a customer service philosophy and attitude.
• The ability to produce metrics, KPIs and perform trend analysis.
• Effective communication skills both verbal and written as well as presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• An independent thinker with the ability to make sound technical decisions using the information at hand.
• Must be able to lead a team effectively and influence without authority and work within a team environment.
• Have a structured and flexible approach to operations management.
• Very strong organization and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver quality and accurate under tight time-scales.
• Exposure to IT Service Management Tools (JIRA, Remedy, Service NOW or equivalent).
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
Education: Degree level or equivalent
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.