At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
Summary: The Cloud Reliability Monitoring team works to deliver, sustain and enhance the real-time service, network, application and infrastructure monitoring eco-system across Nuance's global Automotive and Mobile cloud-based SaaS production platforms.
You'll be deploying and supporting new and existing monitoring solutions, resolving incidents and service requests related to the platform, and working with the Operations Centre and Support Teams to identify and drive improvements to monitoring tools and processes.
This is an on-call roll, ensuring the 24x7 availability of the monitoring service.
• Support and maintain existing monitoring, and develop new alerting, dashboards and plugins for:
• Website Pulse
• Optimize and extend monitoring code in python, C, Golang, java, perl
• Ensure Incidents, Service Requests and Problems are resolved within established OLAs
• Identify and propose solutions for gaps in monitoring.
• Maintain and enhance bespoke synthetic transaction monitoring tools and systems
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5
• Hands on monitoring experience is essential (development, deployment and sustainment).
• Hands on Public Cloud Experience (Azure, AWS, OpenStack, etc).
• Significant hands-on experience of Zenoss, including configuration and development of Zenpacks from scratch.
• Experience configuring SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, including development of custom polling.
• Experience of configuring Datadog, Graphite, Grafana, Sensu.
• Working knowledge of containers, docker and Kubernetes.
• Knowledge of Log Collection tools (Elastic Search, Splunk, ELK or equivalent).• Proficient in Linux (Red Hat, CentOS or equivalent).
• Language Experience: Python, Java
• Additional programming experience in one or more of: GoLang, Perl, C
• Experience working with code repositories (git, subversion or similar)
• CI/CD experience (Bamboo, Jenkins, concourse).
• Experience of working in virtual/global teams.
• Self-motivated, highly proactive with a customer service philosophy and attitude.
• The ability to analyse data and metrics.
• Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• An independent thinker with the ability to make sound technical decisions using the information at hand.
• Exposure to IT Service Management Tools (JIRA, Remedy, Service NOW or equivalent)
Education: Degree level or equivalent
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.