At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
This position is responsible for handling incident-based escalations from the automated and human submission sources. This person will work closely with peers from the SRC, engineering teams, and R&D teams to provide support and guidance during incident management. They will play an integral role to providing technical support, coordination, and assistance through all portions of an incident including but not limited direct resolution, coordinating escalation assistance, and reporting out/tracking post event remediation items.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Resolution of Incidents escalated from Support teams and Identified through events and alerts..
• Responsible for all server and network related support issues, ensuring support issues are resolved within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the customer.
• Administration of Event Management rules in Nagios, SCOM, and other monitoring tools.
• Monitor alerts mailbox and Event Management systems for Events and follow KB articles for resolution actions, performing functional escalations to on-call resources as needed.
• Monitor Application dashboards for indications of Incidents.
• Execute routine checklists to validate system functionality and batch process completion (backups, scheduled tasks, etc…).
• Invoke Incident Management process for Incidents that cannot be resolved within this team (Open the conference Bridge if needed)
• System patching and standard changes.
• Document and communicate system status per process definitions
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated IT work experience with an emphasis towards production support of high capacity mission critical systems.
Minimum years of work experience: 7
• Seven plus years of professional experience.
• Strong Windows Server and Linux Server skills in a production environment.
• Extensive experience working with VMware clusters or comparable virtualization technology.
• Work with and troubleshoot Active Directory.
• Scripting- Bash / Powershell
• Knowledge of database technologies with experience with MySQL and or Microsoft Sql Server
• Advanced knowledge of monitoring tools such as Nagios, SCOM, Solar winds, etc.
• TCP/IP networking knowledge and troubleshooting.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Experience in high availability, business critical environments with 200+ servers
• Advanced scripting experience in powershell or bash/shell scripting.
• Dynamic web technologies such as Apache, PHP or JSP
• Experience with infrastructure components such as Cisco switches and routers, or F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers
• Network-Attached Storage (NAS) NetApp preferred
• Storage Area Network (SAN) Hitachi HDS preferred
• Standard industry certifications such as RHCE, CCNA, MCSE
• Experience with MSSQL or Oracle query statements and running and re-running jobs and stored procedures.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.