At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Summary: As Technical Product Manager and Product Owner, Computer-assisted Physician documentation (CAPD) for Nuance Healthcare, you will define and execute on the Product and feature requirements for the product-line. The role is responsible for executing and managing the product initiatives and collaborating with the Lines-of-Business product teams to not only support, but also anticipate the needs of clients.
This is an incredible opportunity for an individual with combination of technical and product development experience and an interest in a career path into product management. You demonstrate a good understanding of commercial software product design, are technically fluent and passionate about creating products. As a Product Owner, you will drive incremental product releases, via disciplined Agile development working closely with Engineering teams.
Responsibilities: You are responsible for identifying business priorities and guiding the product design by representing the voice of the customer. Critical to the success of this role is delivery of the function and feature set measured by overall product quality, usability and customer adoption.
• Working closely with the Senior Manager and Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of key features and capabilities, delivered in an agile development environment -
• Develop detailed product stories/requirements, in an agile environment, to ensure product delivery consistency with target personas, motivators and expectations
• Actively participate in all aspects of the product development cycle
• Work closely with all stakeholders to communicate customer needs, adjust requirements based on technical feedback, prioritize requirements, and manage to change priorities
• Research, learn and implement technologies to develop a background for successful product definition
• Employ and develop product planning and management best practices, establishing and executing reliable processes for collecting and prioritizing customer/market requirements
• Establish and maintain a strong relationship with customer-facing staff as a critical resource to address critical pre- and post-sales customer product issues and ultimately help drive product sales engagements to closure
• Lead through influence in both technical and functional settings
•Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
You will work with Engineers, QA to appropriately design, and build the applications on time and on budget to meet the needs of healthcare provider professionals. This Product Owner will need to speak to a wide range of business customers to understand the various requirements related to the user and work backwards to document customer requirements.
Working closely with the Senior Manager and Director of Product Management and other product managers across Lines-of-Business, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of key features and capabilities, delivered in an agile development environment. You will be responsible for creating, publishing and evangelizing your feature requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria.
Developing understanding of the EMR workflows such as Epic, Cerner, Meditech etc. and Physician documentation requirements will enable you to direct product requirements aligning customer needs, competitive advantage, industry trends and return on investment, contributing to strong growth results for Nuance from the segment. You will ensure company values are reflected in Nuance products and services, including high regard for patient safety, improved patient outcomes and security of patient data.
You will be a passionate, agile, and innovative thinker, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, championing opportunities that differentiate Nuance from its competition and create standout benefits for our customers. You will be able to prioritize high value activities that contribute to our strategy, bringing ideas to reality through delivery on the Analytics roadmap working with R&D
You will work with other Product Managers, Engineers, QA to appropriately design, and build platform solutions on time and on budget to meet the needs of healthcare provider professionals
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8
• Working knowledge of Automation SDLC, methodologies, tools and processes
• A keen eye for details and ability to spot and document deviations/anomalies
• An uncompromising approach to meeting/exceeding requirements (or ability to work through steps to have the requirement changed)
• Strong general technical competency required
• Must be self-starting, hardworking and inquisitive
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• A proven track record for high-quality product delivery
• In-depth understanding of the agile software development cycle and methodologies
• Strong time management, and problem-solving skills
• Must work well with others of all personality types in an intense environment
• Teamwork, attention to detail, and great communication skills are required
• Driven, creative, and results-oriented applicants are highly preferred
• Background in healthcare technology highly desired, and previous experience in with EMR/EHR systems
Background in healthcare technology in healthcare technology. Health data experience using Patient medical record data, Coding, Billing and Claims datasets is preferred, but not required
• Experience in related technology spaces (SaaS, Cloud, computing platforms, DBs).
• Experience developing robust, customer-centric product and service requirements using Agile methodology, Confluence, JIRA or similar tools and processes.
• Excellent relationship skills, able to build rapport quickly and easily with domain experts.
• Experience in Application PaaS Platforms with speech recognition, natural language processing, and or machine learning. Experience with building products that integrate Virtual Assistants and machine learning and NLP technologies.
• A zeal for metrics/analysis to deliver on business objectives.
• Demonstrated history in creative/big thinking that resulted in revenue.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering or Computer Science/MIS or Healthcare
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.