At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Summary: The demand on digital technologies to support organization’s marketing activities is rapidly increasing; as a result, our Nuance Digital Marketing Technology Group is expanding. We are looking for talented and passionate team players to join us to be part of our offshore Digital Marketing development team located in Pune, India.
The Principal Digital Marketing Application Developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the existing Nuance digital marketing platform, especially our Nuance.com web content management system: Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). He or she will also be responsible to support other modules or applications in our digital marketing eco-system; in the meantime, to be a technical lead for our offshore team and the go-to person for all matters related to AEM and our technology platform.
The role must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities; be able to work in a varied, fast paced and result driven environment with clear understanding of responsibility and accountability; be able to successfully manage one's time and work with across functional groups. With fast changing technologies, we are also expecting the person to be a quick learner and to be able to figure things out, apply new technologies in work with sound judgment and minimal instruction.
The ideal candidate must possess strong technical expertise on developing web application from ground up including experience in both back-end and front-end. The candidate must have knowledge of a variety of technical concepts, practices, and procedures within software engineering field and be able to apply software design patterns to application development.
The Principal Web Application Developer will also act as a technical lead for other offshore developers and provide technical leadership on major projects; oversee developers assigned to projects to ensure they are following design and guidelines to ensure on-time, quality deliverables. He or she must be a strong team player with a positive attitude to always move things forward. Another key aspect of this role is liaison between offshore and US onshore teams; while remaining function autonomously with minimum direction and support from US team, the candidate must communicate team and project status clearly to core US team and escalate key issues and obstacles to management in a timely manner and recommend solutions to overcome those challenges.
This position will report to Director of Technology, Digital Marketing group.
• Maintain and support Nuance Digital Marketing core component www.nuance.com and its CMS: Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). The responsibility also includes interaction with Adobe Managed Service group to resolve any hosting environment and AEM server issues.
• Lead the design and development of new functionality and features on www.nuance.comm to support new marketing initiatives.
• Design and implement integration processes among various internal marketing systems and external cloud solutions to support marketing data management and lead generation.
• Perform complete testing of Web applications–unit and system, conduct user acceptances testing, and report results; engaging users as necessary.
• Contribute to the evaluation and recommendation for Nuance.com to improve online campaign effectiveness and lead conversion rate (Personalization, SEO, data analytics, etc.).
• Work closely with Brand & Creative team to create or update web pages to support marketing activities from different Nuance marketing divisions.
• Assist Director of Technology to assess and prototype new marketing technologies to continue strengthen Nuance’s marketing technology eco-system for marketing operation efficiency and lead generation.
• Provide technical offshore Leadership on major projects; oversee developers assigned to projects to ensure they are following design and guideline to deliver projects on time with high quality.
• Communicate to senior management and core US team for project status as required, help to escalate key issues and obstacles to management in a timely manner with recommended solutions.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 6-8
• 6+ years demonstrable experience in Web Application Development from end to end using J2EE, MS .Net or Open Source Framework such as LAMP. Understanding of MVC architecture and environments.
• Must have 3+ years of J2EE/Java working experience
• Minimum 3+ years of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
• Strong understanding of OSGi and Sling
• 2+ years technical leadership experience in an offshore and onshore setup environment; provide technical leadership and project coordination to fellow developers.
• Hands-on with Web User Interface Design and familiar with Web Frontend tiered design, AJAX and responsive technologies;
• Experience with Object-Oriented software design and development, and other Software Architecture and Design Patterns.
• Exposure to various database technologies and familiar with SQL.
• Experience with system integration with various technologies such as Web Services, Messaging.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and analytical ability; experience with writing business requirement and software technical design document.
• Strong aptitude for problem-solving, applying resourcefulness and creativity toward finding solutions; proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus.
• Great sense of UX design with superior attention to detail and high quality.
• Open-minded, willingness to learn new technologies as required and provide recommendations and ideas to improve Marketing technology platform.
• Experience with Web Content Management system such as Sitecore, Drupal or WordPress; ability of creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS or web development framework.
• Experience with popular marketing suites such as Google Marketing Platform (Analytics, Optimize, Ads) and other Adobe marketing cloud components (Omniture, target, etc).
• Experience with CRM system such as Salesforce.com.
• Experience with developing Mobile application for iPhone and Android devices.
• Database Marketing Knowledge and Digital Marketing for Campaign Management and Lead Generation.
• Marketing and Sales cloud platform such as Salesforce.com, Eloqua.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science engineering or mathematics
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.