At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Nuance Healthcare Analytics (NHA) team is responsible for designing and developing Nuance’s cloud based BI platform and govern the overall Nuance BI strategy. Also, team delivers Analytics and Reporting for Nuance Dragon Medical One to provide accurate and timely access of actionable analytics for both clients and Nuance.
As a Sr Software Engineer in the R&D - NHA team, you will be responsible to deliver Analytics and Reporting for Nuance external and internal clients using could technology (Azure).
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Perform SQL data analysis, data mining, metrics analysis, data integration and performance tuning for complex enterprise deployments.
- Develop functional, well-designed, well-tested, high-quality code for next-gen BI system.
- Write technical specifications for assigned application components or major features/versions including functional specifications and design specifications.
- Create logical and physical data models.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team
- Assist in implementing process improvements and application/platform enhancements.
- Participate in functional and technical reviews
- Effectively work with multiple development teams located in different geographical locations.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Minimum years of work experience: 5
- 5+ years of experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- 4+ years of experience in Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Spark, uSQL, Azure Data Factory
- Hands on experience in Distributed compute solution (Spark, Azure stream analytics, HDInsight, Azure Databricks)
- Good understanding of the principles of data/dimension modelling, data architecture and data transformation design using technologies such as SSIS, Azure Data Factory.
- Strong analytical and technical skills. This should include use of modern technologies, methodologies, patterns and industry standards
- Experience with Agile tools from Atlassian (like: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible).
- Healthcare Industry experience. Understanding of HIPAA compliance and securing patient health information.
- Power BI
- Experience with Git version control
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.