At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Automotive team…intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart “things”.
At Nuance Automotive, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we’re busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we’re also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities – autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more – that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
The Software Engineer will be a part of team tasked with designing, developing, and running core application orchestration stacks used by Nuance Automotive groups and products. This orchestration is at the heart of Nuance’s rapid delivery of features to our customers.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Build and maintain our infrastructure as code on large scale multi-site deployments
• Come up with new ways to scale our platform further
• Automate workflows to help pushing the limit of the infrastructure
• Troubleshoot issues until root causes are understood on high traffic production systems
• Participate in code review processes
• Participate in the creation of unit tests, pre-flight tests and regression tests
• Manage users expectations and enforce best practices with excellent communication skills
• Interact with users to coordinate infrastructure changes
• Assist in identifying bottlenecks and improving performance of our infrastructure
• Choose, deploy and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust infrastructure (Monitoring/Deployment/self-healing)
• Be part of the team building and maintaining our Kubernetes infrastructure on-premise and in the cloud
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: BS in CS or Engineering related field or relevant experience
Minimum years of work experience: 2+
• New languages and unknown code base doesn't scare you
• Open-Source enthusiasm
• Strong communications skills
• Experience with version control systems such as Git
• Fluency in both written and spoken English is a must
• 2+ years High level programming skills: Python/Bash/GoLang
• 2+ years Linux System administration and/or engineering experience
• 2+ years Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Configuration Management: Salt, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible
• Virtualization: Docker
• Orchestrator: Kubernetes
• Versioning and Deployment: GitLab, GitLab-CI, Github, Jenkins, Bamboo
• Programming Languages: Python, Go Lang, C, C++
• Clouds: Azure, Digital Ocean, AWS
• Monitoring: Grafana, InfluxDB, ELK stack, Prometheus, Datadog
• Linux: CentOS
• Communication: Slack
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.