At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
The Nuance Global IT team is focused on supporting the company and employees with technical solutions and expertise that help the business run more efficiently, ensure security and data privacy, and support new IT infrastructure initiatives that drive innovation. Our team is composed of problem solvers with constant curiosity and different perspectives who love to collaborate to transform and rethink IT.
You will own the Release Management process and lifecycle which includes accepting, planning, coordinating and scheduling the management of releases across multiple applications and datacenters (public cloud) for Automotive within your assigned region. The releases can be inclusive of application releases, updates, as well as profile and configuration changes. You will be responsible for managing and documenting releases from Engineering into Customer Validation and Production environments.
The Release Management responsibilities also include building the Release Calendar (current and future view) for all datacenters and working closely with Customer Success Managers, Project Managers and Engineering teams to forward plan required releases. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure release milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
As release manager you’ll work across Engineering Teams to help ensure there are appropriate tools and services to help release engineers deploy releases into production. This position also works with Cloud Infrastructure Engineering and Current Engineering teams to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
1. Own the release management process and workflows
2. Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities and dependendies
3. Forward Plan the release windows and release cycles across the portfolios and datacenters
4. Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key stakeholder (Project managers, Customer Success Managers, Cloud Reliability Engineering, etc)
5. Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog and pending service requests
6. Translate requested change, via service requests, into detailed technical change requests and MOPs
7. Track release and customer dependencies and ensure all are addressed via planned change requests
8. Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
9. Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
10. Communicate all key release project plans, commitments, and changes resulting from re-prioritization and GA delays
11. Manage relationships and coordinate work between teams
12. Conduct release readiness reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews where appropriate
13. Conduct post release reviews to highlight, track and resolve release issues
14. Produce Deployment Run Books and Implementation Plans for standard releases/changes.
15. Produce Weekly Release Reports and measure/maintain release metrics
16. Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and release metrics
17. Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities for BAU and sustainment releases including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklist
18. Develop scripts and automation tools used to improve and streamline the deployment of software releases to various platforms
19. Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
20. Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, and dependencies.
21. Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
22. Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Minimum years of work experience: 5+ years of experience in release management or information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Knowledge of ITSM ticketing tools (for example, JIRA)
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite
• Solid understanding of project management principles preferred
• Knowledge of Atlassian’s Confluence
• Familiarity with Public Cloud and modern Continuous Integration/Deployment methodologies
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.